Blogroll

Movie review score
5

Even though she was already reportedly spotted regularly at the ABS-CBN compound for some time now, the transfer of Jewel Mische only became official with her contract signing as a Kapamilya last December 8. Jewel, who first became known as the top winner in a teen talent search, is already scheduled to appear in various Kapamilya programs set for 2011, one of which include being Gerald Anderson’s new leading lady in the upcoming action series Bagwis. The 20-year-old actress could not have looked any happier as she sat down with ABS-CBN bigwigs for the contract signing. “Nag-uumapaw ang aking kasiyahan. Mahaba ang proseso bago mangyari ang lahat ng ito and right now talagang made-describe ko siya na nag-uumapaw ang kasiyahan. Natutuwa ako. Kinakabahan pero above all, masaya,” she said.

Jewel revealed that she did not encounter much difficulty when she informed her former network about her final decision. “Maayos ang naging pag-uusap namin. Naging malinaw ang pag-uusap namin and they gave me my release papers and I have so much respect for (GMA executives) Ms. Annette Gozon and especially Atty. Felipe Gozon. Napakabuti nila and they were so gallant enough to grant me my release paper and you know, it was not an easy decision. I’m happy and sad too to come up with this decision pero nandito na ako eh,” she said.

The petite mestiza said she never expected she would become a Kapamilya but she is happy with her decision since she knows how Star Magic takes care of its talents. “To be honest, of course you know I started with another network. At that time, I wouldn’t have though of transferring although siyempre nakikita ko naman how ABS-CBN would take care of its stars and kung paano sila maghubog ng isang artista. That I can’t discount, the fact na matagal ko ng napansin kung papaano kayo mag-alaga ng artista,” she stressed. Jewel declined to discuss further details of why she decided to transfer, but stressed that she will always be thankful to her former network. “I really don’t want to talk about what happened. I’m just thankful that whatever happened, it was a journey that led me to where I am right now. It led me to be here so I’m just thankful to GMA for giving me this freedom to choose kung ano yung tingin kong best for me,” she explained. Jewel said that she is also looking forward to a career reinvention with her new home. “Everybody’s excited about that kung ano nang mangyayari, kung may mga pagbabago ba. I’m excited and everyone here is excited for me,” she said. The petite actress has been busy preparing for her new projects and is currently undergoing workshops with Star Magic.

Leave a Reply